Who we are
This company/website is known as The Spirit Nomad and our website address is: https://thespiritnomad.com.
This site is owned and operated by Julia Teresa Lundin. TheSpiritNomad.com is a participant in affiliate programs with ClickBank, SafetyWing and others, and is compensated for referring traffic and business to these companies.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We process and collect various types of data on this website, but none of it is collected for any reason other than to keep in touch with you (in the case of you opting in to our email list) or to ensure the normal loading and functioning of this website (in the case of cookies). The people/organisations that see this data are as follows:
- Google Analytics sees/has access to the basic tracking cookies (anonymised)
- Mailmunch processes things like email opt ins and the plugin uses some cookies (for example to make sure the plugin knows if you’ve opted in or not, and therefore whether to show you the form again or keep it hidden)
- If you buy a product from us, payments are processed through Payhip and certain details are kept as required by law for 5 years for accounting purposes. These are details like name, address, country, date and time of purchase etc.
We also use software to track how long people visit pages for, where they click to before and after viewing a page etc. This is all tracked through Google Analytics.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here
At the moment we don’t have contact forms but you are able to email us using the contact us page. This gives you the option to send an email from any of your email accounts to us. We will do our best to keep this email private, secure and to reply within 5 days. By just emailing us you will NOT be added to any mailing list or marketing list. If you do wish to be added to our mailing list you are able to give consent and opt in using one of the forms on this website.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. We retain your data for the following lengths of time:
- For email addresses if you’ve OPTED IN to an email list, we retain these until you unsubscribe (which can be done by clicking the link at the bottom of every email we send)
- For customer information and data on purchases of our products, we retain this data for a period of 5 years or more, as it’s required for accounting purposes. That being said if a customer unsubscribes from an email list after buying, we still respect that and only keep your email address in the form of your receipt of purchase, which we still have to keep.
- Emails you send us we retain usually for 2 years and then they’re cleaned up and deleted. If you send us an email or get in contact with us, the message and it’s contents will usually be kept for about two years unless you request we remove your data.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Your contact information
If you would like to ask a question about any of this or make a request to have your data removed, updated or sent to you then please get in touch with us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
We use commercially reasonable security measures and practices to protect your data. If you’re a customer, your data is protected by Payhip. If you’re just a website viewer, your data (mainly cookies) is protected and processed by Google Analytics. Email addresses are held and processed by GetResponse.
WHAT DATA BREACH PROCEDURES WE HAVE IN PLACE
We have procedures in place to notify authorities and users affected of any data breach within 72 hours. You will be notified by email if a data breach occurs. For this reason make sure that if you’re subscribed to our email list you have set the emails to go to your inbox and not to be filtered to a spam folder or other folder, so that you can see them easily.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS POLICY
- Personal details for CUSTOMERS are required to be kept by law
- Analytics and tracking cookies can be disabled by you in your internet browser if you don’t wish for us to use them
- Email addresses are only collected if you specifically OPT IN to a list by entering your email in an opt in form on this site and click subscribe, meaning you want to be emailed for marketing or other purposes. Again, you can unsubscribe at any time using the link at the bottom of the emails.
HOW TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
You can withdraw consent to us processing your data by emailing us with your request. If you wish to have a copy of your personal data sent to you, you can request this also. There may be a fee involved with sending this to you.