Are you at the cusps of a spiritual awakening?
Do you have a longing for something more? Something that will inspire your heart with purpose?
Spiritual awakening is shifting to higher consciousness and ascending the ego to realize the Truth of who you are—a spiritual being having a human experience.
I love spiritual awakening quotes because they help ground and remind me of who I am despite everything going on externally.
Below, I outline some of my favorite spiritual enlightenment quotes.
Reflect on them and get inspired!
Table of Contents
111 Spiritual Awakening Quotes
Whether you have found your purpose or not, keeping spiritual awakening quotes close by can restore your faith, bless your heart with peace, and strengthen you on your journey. Of course, reading quotes is not enough; you must take action.
I recommend that you start with a soul reading if you yearn to discover your true purpose in life.
Here are 111 powerful spiritual awareness quotes to inspire you:
Spiritual Awakening Quotes To Help You Awaken To Your True Nature
1. Spiritual awakening happens the moment you realize you are not your thoughts. -Eckhart Tolle.
2. The false is the beginning of all suffering. You become free of pain, suffering, and fear when you abandon the false. The Truth sets you free and makes you happy. –Sri Nisargadatta Maharj.
3. We realize our freedom when we awaken to the Truth.-Kristi Bowman
4. Spiritual awakening is not about changing who you are but letting go of who you are not. –Deepak Chopra
5. When you awaken to your true, divine Nature, you will see and begin to appreciate the beauty in everything you touch, see, and interact with. –Wayne Dyer
6. Deep down in the spirit, you start to take control when you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are. – Oprah Winfrey
7. To save yourself, first destroy the you that you were told to be. –The Dreamer
8. Question all you have been told and let go of anything that insults your Soul.– Walt Whitman
9. Spiritual awakening is not a new faculty. It is the removal of all camouflage. – Ramana Maharshi
10. Enlightenment means to gaze on all darkness with undimmed eyes. – Nikos Kazantzakis
11. Spiritual awakening is destructive; it has nothing to do with being happier or becoming better. Rather, it is the falling away of falsehood. It is seeing the pretense, the complete crumbling of everything we imagined to be true. – Adyashanti
12. Spiritual awakening is the ultimate disappointment to the ego. – Chögyam Trungpa
13. Spiritual awareness is the realization that we exist beyond physical reality. That our life has meaning beyond this reality. – Robyn L. Gobin
14. He who does not look back to God in gratitude for his life does not know himself. – Albert Schweitzer
Spiritual Awakening Quotes For Compassion and Empathy
15. Once you awaken, you will no longer feel the need to judge those still asleep. -James Blanchard
16. The one who looks outside of himself dreams; the one who looks inside awakes. Your vision becomes clear only when you look into your heart. – Carl Jung
17. Your job is not to look for love but to seek and identify the obstacles inside yourself that you have created against love. – Rumi
18. Awaken yourself first if you want to awaken humanity. Eliminate the negativity in you if you want to eliminate the suffering in the world. Your own self-transformation is the greatest gift you can give. – Lao Tzu
19. Spiritual awakening is a realization that we are all connected by a higher power. Our connection to that higher power and each other is grounded in compassion and love. -Brené Brown
20. We are all connected biologically. Chemically to the earth and atomically to the universe. – Neil DeGrasse Tyson
21. We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are. -Anais Nin
22. Offend in neither deeds nor words. Live in your heart. Eat moderately. Seek the highest consciousness and master yourself in accordance with the law. This is the simplest teaching of the awakened. –Gautama Buddha
23. Braver is he who overcomes his desires than he who conquers his enemies. The highest victory is over the self. – Aristotle
24. He who responds to the joys and sorrows of others as his own has attained the highest state of spiritual enlightenment. -Lord Krishna
Spiritual Awakening Quotes On Trusting The Universe
25. Life will continue to experience the universe just as the universe intended. – Todd Perelmuter
26. The greatness of God reveals itself in the simple things. –Paul Coelho
27. It is pleasant and courteous to speak gratitude. But you touch heaven when you live in gratitude. – Johannes A. Gaertner
28. Spirituality is the art of keeping the fire inside you alive. – Maxime Legace
29. Religion is for those afraid of going to hell. Spirituality is for those who have already been there. – Vine Deloria, Jr.
30. You cannot physically transform yourself until you transform yourself spiritually.– Cory Booker
31. Faith sees no need to push the river; it can trust that there is a river that is flowing, and we are part of it. -Richard Rohr
32. At any moment, you have a choice that leads you close or further away from your spirit. -Thich Nhat Hanh
33. Decide that you will become the seeker of your Higher Self. – Ma Jaya
34. Learn to connect with the silence in yourself. Know that everything has a purpose and that there are no mistakes or coincidences. All events are life lessons.– Elizabeth Kübler- Ross
35. Miracles happen when you learn to trust your intuition, a gift from the Higher Self. – Susan Jeffers
36. Spiritual awareness is a measure of your persevering faith, not perfect behavior. – Andy Stanley
37. Relax and let the universe do the driving at this moment. If ever there was a secret to happiness, I would say that was it.– Jed McKenna
38. Prayer is not about asking. Rather, it is a longing of the Soul and an admission of one’s weakness. When you pray, it is better to have a heart without words than words without a heart. – Mahatma Gandhi
Spiritual Awakening Quotes For Inner Peace
39. Your inner tranquility is a measure of real spiritual progress. – Swami Sivananda
40. The secret to mental and physical health is to live in the present moment earnestly and wisely. – Buddha
41. Make the now the main focus of your life. The present moment is all you got. -Eckhart Tolle
42. Unlearning fear and accepting love—that is the spiritual journey. -Marianne Williamson
43. Be here now– Ram Dass
44. Reality awakens possibility. Denying it is the highest form of perversion. – Robert Musil
45. Happiness is never decreased by sharing it, just like the life of a candle is not shortened by lighting a thousand other candles from it. – Buddha
46. You cannot wear, earn, consume, own or travel to happiness. Happiness is the experience of living with gratitude, love, and grace every minute. – Denis Waitley
47. The end of the physical body should not worry us. Our concern must be to live while we are alive—to protect ourselves from the spiritual death that comes with living a lie and conforming to the external definition of who and what we are. – Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
48. Happy people take responsibility for building their inner world. Unhappy people blame others. – Dalai Lama
49. When you take care of your inner spiritual beauty, it will reflect in your face. – Dolores del Rio
50. Practice pausing. When you are in doubt, pause. When tired, pause. When angry, pause. When you pause, take this time to pray. – Toby Mac
51. Supreme happiness in life is the conviction that one is loved for one’s own sake, in spite of oneself. -Victor Hugo
52. The meaning of life is plain, obvious, and simple—just to live. Yet we all rush around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond ourselves. – Alan Watts
53. We can only obtain peace in the outer world when we make peace with ourselves. – 14th Dalai Lama
54. No matter how much evil there is, there is much more light than darkness. –Robert Uttaro
55. There is a stillness and a sanctuary you can retreat to anytime where you can be yourself. – Herman Hesse
56. There are only two ways to live. One is as if nothing is a miracle and the other is as if everything is. – Albert Einstein
57. The most important peace comes from within the Soul when a person realizes their relationship and oneness with the universe and discovers that the Great Spirit is at the center of the universe. This spirit is within each of us. – Black Elk
58. The past is over. Learn from it and let go. Forgive it. Do not hold onto a limited and disconnected image of a person in the past. See them now. This is enlightenment. – Brian Weiss
Spiritual Awakening Quotes For Self-Empowerment
59. Spiritual riches are within you. Who you are is so much greater than anyone or anything you have ever desired. – Paramahansa Yogananda
60. We all have an equal capacity to attain spiritual awakening. – Victor Shamas
61. God gives us hope as the spiritual grace to control and not dominate our fears. –Vincent McNabb
62. You are the sole beneficiary of an endless spiritual fund, a heavenly fortune, a goldmine of spiritual abundance beyond human comprehension. But, all this will remain unclaimed and beyond your reach until you assert your right to this inheritance. – Anthon St. Maarten
63. From stillness rises potential. From potential emerges possibility. From possibility, there is choice and from choice, emerges freedom. – Gabrielle Goddard
64. Create your own Bible. Choose and collect the words and phrases that in all your readings have been like the blast of a trumpet. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
65. You will experience many moments of defeat in life. But you should never let yourself be defeated. – Maya Angelou
66. Awakening is when we expand our consciousness past its present limits. It is realizing we have no limits and that the whole universe is alive. – Thaddeus Golas
67. Awakening of consciousness does not happen without pain. Yet, people will do anything to avoid facing their Souls. You do not become enlightened by imagining figures of light but by shining consciousness on the darkness. – Carl Jung
68. The thing that is stopping you is the unwillingness to transcend this reality. – Unknown
69. Yesterday I was clever and wanted to change the world. Today, I am wise, and so I am changing myself. – Rumi
70. Life will give you the most helpful experience for the evolution of your consciousness. – Eckhart Tolle
71. The universe is a partial manifestation of your limitless.– Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj
72. When you are on a spiritual path, all the misery and dread are transformed, maybe not in one day, but it is still transformed into spiritual wisdom. –Anne Lamott
73. One event can awaken in us a stranger completely unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born. –Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Spiritual Awakening Quotes For Self-Love
74. As you go through this journey, remember to be kind to yourself. Kindness awakens the love inside of you and helps others to discover that same love within themselves. – Tsoknyi Rinpoche
75. The spiritual journey is personal. We cannot follow the same path. Listen to your own Truth. – Ram Dass
76. Love grows within you, and so does beauty. Indeed, love is the beauty of the Soul. – Augustine
77. You do not need to do anything to become spiritual; you are already spiritual. Spirit is within you; God is within you. –Julia Cameron
78. Enlightenment and awakening mean you have taken full responsibility for your life.– William Blake
79. The spiritual life is not about before, after, or beyond our day-to-day experience. Rather, spirituality is real when applied amid the joys and pains of the now. – Henri Nouwen
80. Your compassion is incomplete if it does not include yourself. –Jack Kornfield
81. The Soul is like a rough diamond in the body. It must be polished, or the luster will never appear. -Daniel Defoe
82. Love is the entryway through which the Soul passes from a place of selfishness to service. – Jack Hyles
83. The only corner of the universe you can be certain of improving is your own self. – Aldous Huxley
84. Knowing thyself is the start of all wisdom. – Aristotle
85. He who is not busy being born is busy dying. – Bob Dylan
86. The only true journey is the one within. – Rainer Maria Rilke
87. Pure spiritual awareness transcends thinking. It lets you go outside the negative self-talk and impulsive reactions to look at the world with open eyes. When this happens, a sense of wonder and contentment shows up in your life. – Mark Williams
Spiritual Awakening Quotes on Energy and Spirit
88. Energy flows; it cannot be created nor destroyed. It flows in some direction; emotive, internal, spiritual.– Keanu Reeves
89. When you contact the Source of power within, the Higher Self, you tap into a reservoir of infinite power. – Deepak Chopra
90. Spirit is the essence of consciousness. It is the energy that creates all things in the universe- a divine entity that each of us is a part of. Spirit is the eternal, Higher Self that lives within us. – Shakti Gawain
91. Your lower self, which is yet to awaken, sees you as the center of the universe. Your Higher Self sees you as a cell in the collective humanity. – Peace Pilgrim
92. Your Higher Self is constantly nudging you toward resolving the conflicts in your life to create room for harmony and serenity. – Wayne Dyer
93. The divine self writes our life story. But without sufficient spiritual awareness, the human self often rearranges the plot. – Anthon St. Maarten
94. The evolution of consciousness is our greatest adventure as humans. We are in this life to expand the Soul, free the spirit, and enlighten the brain. – Tom Robbins
95. The key to spiritual growth is to produce higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness. – Lao Tzu
96. Trusting the Soul is not enough to lead you to a higher consciousness. You must focus as well on the beautification of your heart. – Amit Ray
97. The spiritual voyage’s real meaning does not consist of seeking new landscapes but gaining new eyes. – Marcel Proust
98. Your quality of life is determined by how well you control your consciousness. – Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
99. When we train our minds to learn to observe, we move to a higher level of consciousness and remember who we are at the level of our Soul. – Heidi M. Morrison
100. In becoming enlightened, you will lose many things from the past. But, you will find your permanent Self, rooted in creativity and awareness. – Deepak Chopra
101. The main requirement for spiritual growth is a yearning to know who you are. – Adyashanti
102. Your greatest awakening happens when you become aware of your infinite Nature. – Amit Ray
103. Nothing is more important to spiritual growth than realizing you are not the voice of the mind, but rather you are the one who hears it. – Michael A. Singer
104. Spirituality does two things. It forces you to become more selfless and to trust providence. – Imran Khan
105. Within each of us is a living light encoded in the fibers of our being. Spiritual ecstasy is the totality of this marvelous light placed in the hearts of humans. – Tony Samara
106. Spiritual maturity is recognizing that you will not try to fix yourself to become a different person. You are still the same person, but you become awakened. – Jack Kornfield
107. The pain you experience is the crumbling of the shell that shrouds your understanding. – Kahlil Gibran
108. The biggest accomplishment in the world is knowing how to belong to yourself. – Michel de Montaigne
109. The goal of life is to get your heartbeat to match that of the universe, to match your nature with Nature. – Joseph Campbell
110. Age does not have a reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human is resistant to the passing of time. Our inner life is eternal; the spirit remains youthful and vigorous; it is the alpha and omega—an end in itself. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
111. There is a reason they refer to God as a presence. It is because God is here right now. The only place to find him is in the present. – Elizabeth Gilbert
What is a spiritual awakening?
Spiritual awakening is a personal experience in which your ego transcends your limited perception of the self to finally recognize an infinite, loving, and all-encompassing Truth. Awakening is about discovering your divinity, connectedness to everything and everyone, timelessness, and spiritual essence beyond the physical reality. Be sure to study your numerology as a good first step in your awakening journey.
What are the seven stages of spiritual awakening?
The seven stages of spiritual awakening include Waking Up To The Void, The Dark Night Of The Soul, Seeking Answers, Finding Answers, Feeling Lost And Disillusioned, Inner Work, and Awareness And Surrender. The process of spiritual awakening is not linear. It is common to move back and forth from one stage to another throughout our lives. Importantly, everyone’s journey to awakening is unique.
How do I know if I am having a spiritual awakening?
People experience different signs and symptoms of spiritual awakening, physical and mental. Common signs include feeling more at peace, empathy for others, compassion, less worrying, comfortable being alone, and adopting new positive habits. It is also possible to occasionally feel depressed, disillusioned, tired, and in bodily pain alongside the positive signs of a spiritual awakening. Check out this video, where I tell you more about the three types of spiritual awakening and see whether you can identify with any.
A spiritual awakening is a powerful, life-changing process that we must all undergo as part of our Soul’s evolutionary journey.
The process also has its own challenges. When you feel worn down, disillusioned, or need inspiration, lean into some of your favorite spiritual awakening quotes.
These powerful affirmations and bits of wisdom will ground and give you much-needed clarity on your Soul’s journey back to the Source.
What are your favorite spiritual awakening quotes? Let me know in the comments!