I know you. You are a nebula of energy, sparkling vibrantly from every direction.
You are an unstoppable flow that cannot be limited.
Your free spirit longs to gallop wildly. It wants to explore different cultures, tastes, and lifestyles.
That unrestrained joy that you feel and immediately understand will only ever exist outside the confines of your present environment.
Have you ever felt like there was no one around who could relate to that feeling in a moment where you needed some encouragement or direction?
What if I told you that there are many expressive people that have said some truly remarkable words that resonate with vital points on your life path?
These free spirit quotes has really boosted my mood when I feel trapped and negative, especially during the covid lockdown.
Before we dive into the quotes, we have to first clearly explain what free spirits are and how you can use the quotes to manifest more freedom into your life.
What Is A Free Spirit?
A free spirit is a person that push existing boundaries and always seeks to exist outside “the box.”
There is a huge misconception that free spirits are always hippies and other common stereotypes.
This is not the case, however, as there are many different ways a person can choose to be free-spirited that may be more subtle.
As a free spirit, there are spiritual factors at play that have influenced your personality. Explore your numerology to discover more about these factors and what they may mean in the short and long term.
Also, negative energy can disturb your vibrations as a free spirit, so you should clear negative energy from your surroundings.
Free spirit quotes can be used as affirmations that can be revisited as often are they are needed.
Simply pick your favourite quotes, look into the mirror and repeat each quote 3 times.
Really FEEL how free and sovereign you are as a soul. This will help bring in more freedom into your life.
Ready? Let’s dive in!
100 Free Spirit Quotes
1. “I have fallen in love with the imagination. And if you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything.” – Alice Walker
2. “She was born to be free, let her run wild in her own way and you will never lose her.” – Nikki Rowe
3. “I like to be a free spirit. Some don’t like that, but that’s the way I am.” – Princess Diana
4. “I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.” – Halsey
5. “A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself.” – Francis Picabia
6. “Release your majestic mind, embrace your untamed inner spirit. Break free from captivity, avoid society… You were born to be free.” – Melanie Muller
7. “I am a free spirit. I tell the truth, and I like to mix it up.” – Ed Rendell
8. “You call yourself a free spirit, a ‘wild thing,’ and you’re terrified somebody’s gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself. And it’s not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land. It’s wherever you go. Because no matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.” – Truman Capote
9. “I am a free spirit. I am very impulsive. I put the most trust in people chance after chance, regardless of how they treat me.” – Sasha Lane
10. “It is the free-spirited men and women that we most admire and often envy — those individuals who dare to be themselves.” – Kevyn Aucoin
Free Spirit Quotes To Help You Follow Your Dreams
11. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.” – Rumi
12. “Being young isn’t about age, it’s about being a free spirit. You can meet someone of 20 who’s boring and old, or you can meet someone of 70 who’s youthful and exciting. I met Fred Astaire when he was 72 and I was 21, and I fell in love with him. He certainly was a free spirit.” – Twiggy
13. “They can’t chain my spirit! My spirit runs free! Walls can’t contain it! Laws can’t restrain it! Authority has no power over it!” – Bill Watterson
14. “A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism or opinion. They sing, dance, and flow on the wind — for they are at one with it. They are nothing and everything — void and expanse. Even space and time do not confine or define them. For they are pure energy itself.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
15. “You are always free to change your mind and choose a different future, or a different past.” – Richard Bach
16. “Let your mind be set free from the control of others influence.” – Jeremy Limn
17. “Each one of us has it in themselves to be a free spirit, just as every rose bud has in it a rose.” – Rudolf Steiner
18. “I can entertain. I am a party girl. I am a free spirit.” – Kendra Wilkinson
19. “I’m just really a free spirit. You gotta be like that. ’Cause life ain’t that complicated. It’s only that complicated when you make it that way. I just wanna wake up and move with the way it goes. If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.” – Future
20. “We are all free spirits. We must choose to practice freedom.” – Sark
Free Spirit Quotes To Fuel Your Desire To Run Wild
21. “I will follow my instincts, be myself for good or ill, and see what will be the upshot.” – John Muir
22. “The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.” – Albert Camus
23. “I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar!” – Joss Whedon
24. “One radical free spirit nonconformist is pretty much like another.” – George Will
25. “I want to live my life without filters. I don’t walk on eggshells. I say what I want and I’m a very free spirit.” – Demi Lovato
26. “Do you have the discipline to be a free spirit?” – Gabrielle Roth
27. “Indeed, at hearing the news that ‘the old god is dead, we philosophers and ‘free spirits’ feel illuminated by a new dawn; our heart overflows with gratitude, amazement, forebodings, expectation – finally the horizon seems clear again, even if not bright; finally our ships may set out again, set out to face any danger; every daring of the lover of knowledge is allowed again; the sea, our sea, lies open again; maybe there has never been such an ‘open sea’.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
28. “I had always been a free spirit and always gotten what I wanted.” – Rick James
29. “Even the fact that I labeled myself makes me mad sometimes, because dude, I’m just a free spirit.” – Lauren Jauregui
30. “I am living breathing freedom.” – Hiroko Sakai
Free Spirit Quotes To Inspire You To Live By Your Own Rules
31. “I am a free spirit. A spirit that evolves. I’m a diamond. I’m just refining it. Polishing it. Glossing it up.” – Simeon Rice
32. “No matter where you run, you just end up running into yourself.” – Audrey Hepburn
33. “The soul is an infinite ocean of just beautiful energy and presence made manifest in human form.” – Panache Desai
34. “A free spirit must be able to surmount anxiety time after time.” – Mason Cooley
35. “And it is you, spirit — with will and energy, and virtue and purity — that I want, not alone with your brittle frame.” – Charlotte Bronte
36. “The living soul of man, once conscious of its power, cannot be quelled.” – Horace Mann
37. “I love carelessly, live respectfully, speak intelligently, work passionately, trust recklessly, get hurt easily and bounce back effortlessly.” – Tony Payne
38. “The human spirit: Unbreakable. Relentless. Free.” – Garth Brooks
39. “I’m a free spirit who never had the balls to be free.” – Cheryl Strayed
40. “Your happiness doesn’t come free, but you need to be free to be happy.” – Nokwethemba Nkosi
Free Spirit Quotes To Guide You On Your Journey
41. “A few years ago, I bought an old red bicycle with the words Free Spirit written across its side — which is exactly what I felt like when I rode it down the street in a tie-dyed dress.” – Drew Barrymore
42. “We must free ourselves from this prison that restricts our personal desires by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” – Dee Waldeck
43. “There are incalculable resources in the human spirit, once it has been set free.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
44. “I love people who are free — the ones who are all-things beautiful. They’re the ones who make this life worth living.” – Ashley Duvan
45. “A ship in dock, surrounded by quays and the walls of warehouses, has the appearance of a prisoner meditating upon freedom in the sadness of a free spirit put under restraint.” – Joseph Conrad
46. “I realize I’m a free spirit. I like to be happy. I have to have more control of my happiness.” – Chamique Holdsclaw
47. “The free soul is rare but you know it when you see it — basically because you feel good, very good when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
48. “I don’t call myself a Buddhist. I’m a free spirit. I believe I’m here on earth to admire and enjoy it; that’s my religion.” – Alice Walker
49. “If a man is to be a man, a free spirit unto himself, he must arm himself not only with weapons but with ideals and concepts he is willing to die for.” – William Powell
50. “To keep our faces toward chance and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.” – Helen Keller
51. “Never bend your head. Always hold it high. Look the world straight in the eye.” –Helen Keller
52. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
53. “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
54. “Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.” – Ernest Hemingway
55. “Seek and you shall fun!” – Helen Edwards
Free Spirit Quotes To Inspire You in Your Career
Just because you are free-spirited does not mean you can’t also be career-driven.
Use your wild ways to move ahead in your career. Ask for a promotion, switch careers, start your own business. If you need to be inspired to pursue the career you desire, these quotes are for you.
It does not matter what you do, as long as you love doing it.
56. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
57. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” – Confucius
58. “Work to become, not to acquire.” – Elbert Hubbard
59. “Failure doesn’t mean you are a failure it just means you haven’t succeeded yet.” – Robert H. Schuller
60. “Desire! That’s the one secret of every man’s career. Not education. Not being born with hidden talents. Desire.” – Johnny Carson
61. “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
Free Spirit Quotes For The Traveler
62. “People don’t take trips, trips take people.” – John Steinbeck
63. “To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” –Aldous Huxley
64. “The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.” – Saint Augustine
65. “Travel makes one modest, you see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.” – Gustave Flaubert
66. “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet.” – Rachel Wolchin
67. “Who’s got the right to tell you what YOU ARE when everyone is still trying to figure his or her own life out?” Helen Edwards.
68. “Her love is rare but she’ll keep you wild”– Nikki Rowe.
69. “There she goes. How strange she is: my winter child; my changeling. Wild as an armful of birds, she flies everywhere in an instant. There is no keeping her inside, no making her sit quietly.”– Joanne Harris, ‘The Strawberry Thief,’ 2019.
70. “I hope you laugh without stopping, live with abandon, and love like it’s all there is. Stay wild, my wild, wild child.” – Kenny Chesney.
71. “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wildflowers in our hair…” – Susan Polis Schutz.
Free Spirit Quotes For The Child Within
72. “Once the free spirit has taken hold of a man, there’s no way of getting it out of him.” –Anton Chekhov.
73. “I had always been a free spirit and always gotten what I wanted.” – Rick James.
74. “I am living breathing freedom.” – Hiroko Sakai.
75. “You were once wild here. Don’t let them tame you.” – Isadora Duncan.
76. “It’s the duty of every man to free himself. Never accept to live an underdog’s life in god’s world.”– Bangambiki Habyarimana.
77. “I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.”– D. H. Lawrence.
78. “You call yourself a free spirit, a ‘wild thing,’ and you’re terrified somebody’s gonna stick you in a cage. Well baby, you’re already in that cage. You built it yourself.”– Truman Capote.
79. “My soul is from elsewhere, I’m sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”– Rumi.
80. “Baby, I’m not afraid. I’ve been to hell and back. I’m a free spirit, a wild child and a renegade.”– Mishi McCoy.
81. “A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism or opinion. They sing, dance and flow on the wind – for they are at one with it.”– Rasheed Oganlaru.
82. “There is no such thing as a little freedom. Either you are all free, or you are not free.” – Walter Cronkite.
83. “No one outside ourselves can rule us inwardly. When we know this, we become free.” – Buddha.
Quotes To Free Your Inner Wild Side
To enter and understand the world of the wild children, understanding the free spirit among men or women or non-binary people is required. Let’s look at every good quote we’ve got on being a free spirit!
84. “Basically, I’m a free spirit. I’m kind of an Everywoman.”– Pamela Anderson.
85. “Some are born to play it safe. Others are born to live it wild.”– Nikki Rowe.
86. “Wild as an armful of birds, she flies everywhere in an instant. There is no keeping her inside, no making her sit quietly. She has never been like other girls, never like other children.”– Joanne Harris.
87. “Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.” – John Maynard Keynes.
88. “A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself.”– Francis Picabia.
89. “You can be very wild and still be very wise.”– Yoko Ono.
90. “We are earnest to explore and learn all things, we require that all things be mysterious and unexplorable, that land and sea be indefinitely wild, unsurveyed and unfathomed by us because unfathomable. We can never have enough of nature.”– Henry David Thoreau.
91. “You’re never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child.”– Dr. Seuss.
92. “I like the differences in people. If we were all the same, life would be extremely boring.” –Audrey Carlan
93. “They caught all the wild children,
and put them in the zoos,
They made them do sums,
and wear sensible shoes.”
– Jeanne Willis
94. “Always gotta keep moving, find something to do, see, experience.” – Audrey Carlan
95. “My theory is you just have to accept what you can’t change, or don’t want to change about yourself, and surround yourselves with people who care about you for what and who you are.” – Audrey Carlan
96. “I am a child.
the very last child.
The very last child.
Left in the wild.”
– Jeanne Willis, ‘Wild Child’.
97. “I’m looking forward to sharing new experiences with you.”– Audrey Carlan
98. “I’d have to say I genuinely like all people”. – Jeanne Willis, ‘Wild Child’.
99. “I don’t like to be bored.”– Jeanne Willis, ‘Wild Child’.
100. “I mean, I’m not a maniac. I can settle down and just chill.”– Jeanne Willis, ‘Wild Child’.
Can a free spirit be in a relationship?
It is true that relationships have boundaries and free spirits generally don’t like to be trapped in them.
However, free spirits will generally compromise to an extent to allow their spouses to feel comfortable in the relationship.
Be warned, though, as a partner to a free-spirited person, you must avoid being a limit and allow your partner to be their true, authentic self.
How do you know if you’re a free spirit?
There a numerous signs you can use to tell that you are a free spirit.
But basically, a free spirit is someone who doesn’t like to be shackled to rules and always wants to be free.
Words have an immense impact on our lives. The words you utter by yourself can have a lasting impact on your life and even go on to shape it for better or for worse.
This is why you have been provided with 100 free spirit quotes to motivate you when you feel down or defeated and also to recite to yourself to reaffirm your beliefs in times of hardship.
As a free spirit, your life path is unique and different from the basic human template, and so the world may resist you initially, but you will succeed.
So make sure to study your numerology so that you can learn more about yourself and your unique strengths as well as your weaknesses.
Which of these quotes did you find most empowering? Or do you have another favorite of your own? Let me know in the comments, dear free spirit!