You are divine.
You are an eternal and imperishable divine spirit.
Your soul knows it, but sometimes your ego tries to convince you otherwise. That little voice in your head make you doubt your divinity, leaving you feel insignificant, helpless and unworthy.
We compare ourselves with photoshopped models, celebrities… heck even our neighbors!
If we have curly hair we bring out the straightener, and if we have straight hair we bring out the curling iron.
It’s hard nowadays to be completely happy with ourselves, especially in the social media age we’re living in, where we seeing the highlights of other people’s lives.
But is it possible to love ourselves?
YES. It is possible.
I am living proof of that.
I used to really struggle with self-love. I still doubt myself often, but I feel so much more confident now.
A big turning point for me was when I found out about affirmations and started to use them as part of my morning routine. Affirmations are a powerful way of changing your subconscious beliefs.
Today you will learn 100 powerful affirmations for self love and how to use them to develop unshakable self-love and confidence.
The quiet confidence that make heads turn, without you having to say a WORD.
When I started to use affirmations for self-love daily, my life was never the same again.
I become less scared of failing, which lead me to take the plunge to quit my 9 to 5 job and become a digital nomad. I started a blog and a youtube channel.
The me before I started with the affirmations would NEVER in her wildest dreams have had the guts to start a Youtube channel.
My love life improved significantly:
- As single (I got asked out more often, I dared taking more initiative and I got less scared of rejection)
- In relationships (being more confident in bed and I was not lowering my standards like I used to)
I also started to challenge my comfort zone more. I tried performing standup comedy and I went to Toastmasters meetups. Instead of dreading public speaking I actually started to enjoy it!
In this post you will learn:
- What positive affirmations are
- Do self affirmations really work?
- How affirmations work
- How to use affirmations to develop self-love and confidence
- 100 self-love affirmations
However, before we start:
What is a positive affirmation?
A positive affirmation is a positive statement which one wishes to absorb into their life. The sentences are aimed at motivating and inspiring you to change your attitude and attract what you desire, by affecting the conscious and subconscious mind.
In terms of ‘waveform reality’, this is how you can change the world around you. The things you say to yourself ABOUT yourself will literally become real. They’ll change how you think, act and therefore the results and changes you’ll experience.
Do self affirmations work?
Yes, self affirmations can work if done correctly. You need three things: consistency, feeling and action. You need to repeat them consistently for at least 30 days. You need to really feel how the statements are true. Lastly, you need to also take actions towards your goals.
When you take action towards your goals and you see yourself growing and truly becoming the creator of your own reality, your confidence will grow.
Not only that, but it will make it easier for you to BELIEVE your affirmations.
The reason why affirmations don’t work for some people is that they don’t believe in the affirmations. Their ego is telling them that they are lying. By working towards your goals you prevent that from happening.
If you are not sure what your goals are, I suggest you:
- Do a Numerology reading to find out more about your strength, weaknesses and challenges.
- When you are done I recommend you go through the steps in this article on how to find your big passion and purpose.
How do affirmations work?
When you read the affirmations out loud it often leads to empowering mental images, which gets engraved into the subconscious mind. This leads to a change in behaviour, actions and reactions in line with the affirmation.
I used to think that being insecure, shy and uncharismatic (if that’s a word) was just part of who I am.
Then I read The Charisma Myth by Olivia Fox Cabane and realized, people aren’t necessarily born charismatic or confident. Marilyn Monroe and Steve Jobs are for example, weren’t always charismatic, they were actually both quite awkward in their younger years, before they decided to change how they view themselves.
“I get it Julia, but how do I use affirmations to make a change and become more confident and self-loving?”
Glad you asked.
How to use affirmations
You will now learn exactly how I used affirmations to become confident and self-loving.
There are many ways to use affirmations, such as:
- Listening to guided meditations
- Write down affirmations in your journal every morning
- Download an app that sends reminders to your phone with affirmations
- Put affirmations on the wall or mirror
I have tried all of them, but what really worked for me was:
- I created a list with my favourite 10 self love affirmations, print them out on a paper and put the affirmations on my mirror.
- Once or twice a week (usually Fridays since I could really sleep in then) I would listen to a self-love hypnosis when going to bed. This is a really powerful way to reprogram your subconscious mind since your ego is less active then.
Here is a good one. Bookmark this article and come back to it tonight.
The affirmations mirror method
I find it’s really powerful to have the list on the mirror, as you can then look into your own eyes when you say the affirmations.
If you want to try the mirror method, then this is what you do:
- Take a look at your list of affirmations every single morning.
- Read them out loud, slowly, one by one. Feel free to repeat them 2-3 times each if you want them to sink in even more.
- When you read one out loud, look into your eyes in the mirror and really mean what you say.
- Take deep a deep breath after you have said an affirmation and really feel how what you are saying is the absolute truth.
Believe them with every part of you, as this will make them become true over time.
As you’re saying or thinking these affirmations, try and evoke an emotional response in your body, a positive feeling. This will help them become real faster. In fact the more you believe these things are true, the faster they will become true.
Now read the affirmations below carefully, and pick out your 10 favourites to put in your affirmations sheet.
I challenge you to do this every day for 30 days.
You will see a huge change in your life. Our thoughts have an immense effect on our lives and how it plays out. When you have more self-loving thoughts you will attract abundance and love into your life like never before.
Affirmations For Self Love and Confidence
- I have the power to change my world.
- I make myself proud.
- I am worth more than second thoughts and maybes.
- I am grateful for the body that I am in.
- I am exactly where I need to be.
- I am all I need to succeed.
- I am comfortable enforcing boundaries.
- I feel profound empathy and love for others and their own unique paths.
- I have much to celebrate about myself and my life.
- I choose to stop apologising for being me.
- My self-esteem is growing day by day.
- No mountain is too high, no valley is too low. I will overcome any obstacle.
- I can say no when something doesn’t serve me.
- I believe in my abilities.
- I let go of negative self-talk.
- God has a plan for me. He doesn’t give me anything in life that I can’t handle.
- I have a lot to offer the world.
- I love the woman that I am.
- I am growing and learning each and everyday.
- I am exactly who I need to be in this moment.
- I lovingly embrace all my fears.
- I am deserving of happiness, love, peace, freedom, money and everything else I desire.
- Others accept and love me for who I am.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- I am open to receive abundance and prosperity.
- I respect my accomplishments and celebrate my successes.
- I honor my own life path.
- I have always and will continue to always try my best.
- I radiate love, peace and happiness.
- I am enough.
- I practice self-compassion when I don’t succeed.
- What I give is what I receive.
- I am loved.
- I honor and respect my limitations and thank myself for the capabilities I do have.
- I trust in my ability to survive and thrive through any obstacle.
- I am a work of art, cherished and admired.
- I am not afraid to start over.
- I am magnificent.
- I see failure as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am happy and full of joy.
- I am creating a beautiful life.
- I am a badass.
- I am free to make my own choices and decisions.
- I deserve all that is good.
- I’m a diamond and have always been. It’s time to shine.
- I radiate confidence, self-respect and inner harmony.
- I release any need for misery and suffering.
- I am fierce.
- I release the need to judge myself negatively.
- My body, mind and soul are the picture of perfect health.
- I am balanced.
- I attract love and light.
- I honor my inner voice.
- I am abundant.
- I trust in my ability to make it through difficult times.
- I am safe, supported and protected.
- I am powerful beyond my wildest dreams.
- My inner world creates my outer world.
- My voice is valuable and my opinion matters.
- The universe is conspiring to help me succeed.
- I am not afraid to feel my feelings.
- My life is a place of happiness and love.
- My mind is filled only with loving, healthy, positive and prosperous thoughts.
- I consciously release the past and live only in the present.
- I have a positive and healing effect on others.
- I attract wonderful people into my life.
- I am a magnet of love.
- I am free of worry and regret.
- I choose to view my life positively.
- Self-appreciation and self-love come to me with ease.
- I am worthy of respect and appreciation.
- I deserve to be treated with respect.
- My relationship with my body is one of perfect harmony.
- I trust my body’s natural wisdom.
- I feel at peace with my appearance.
- I have a loving relationship with my body.
- I feel completely comfortable with myself and accept myself with love, respect and appreciation.
- I am a leader.
- I know I am worthy of love, forgiveness and healing.
- I see my struggles as opportunities to grow and learn.
- I attract only people who respect me.
- Nothing stands in the way of my self-love. I choose self-love now.
- I am worthy of making my dreams come true.
- I have a great potential within me.
- The more I practice loving myself, the more loveable I become.
- I have my back.
- I am powerful, confident, and capable of reaching all my dreams.
- My body is the vehicle to my dreams.
- I embrace my flaws knowing that nobody is perfect.
- I am infinite, eternal and love.
- I choose to invest in myself.
- I radiate with self confidence.
- Being confident comes easily to me.
- I let love in.
- The past is the past, and I am at peace with it. I have become stronger and a better person for what I have gone through.
- I love my mind, body and soul.
- I surrender to life.
- I am wanted.
- I am divine.
A little heads up
Try to only use positive statements, instead of negative ones. An example of a negative one would be:
‘I DON’T allow horrible people into my life’.
Because to say that means you need to FOCUS on the concept of what a ‘horrible person’ is, and by doing that, you attract them.
It’s important to only say things like
‘I ONLY allow positive people into my life’.
That way, your subconscious mind has only ONE thing to focus on and attract; positive people.
The subconscious mind is a powerful machine and can bring you ANYTHING that you focus on regularly. Focus on negative things, you’ll get negative things. Focus on positive ideas and you’ll live the life you always wanted.
There you have it, 100 powerful positive affirmations for self-love and confidence. I hope you found a few to put on your affirmation sheet. Like I said above, I highly recommend you print it out and hang it on your mirror. Look at it every morning and repeat them out loud slowly.
Really FEEL how they are true.
By taking action towards your goals and seeing yourself grow, it will be easier for you to believe them.
If you do it every day for 30 days, you will notice a huge change in your thinking and your life, as your thoughts become your reality.
You will feel profound love for yourself and feel comfortable and confident in who you are.
Best of luck!
Which affirmation is your favourite? I would love to hear in the comments!